Now that we’ve got your attention, let’s talk about how ancient grains such as Khorasan (better known by its trademarked name, Kamut) are making a comeback. You may have heard of Kamut as it is often used in organic cereal and artisan breads.
But, did you know that you can easily incorporate Kamut flour into your baking? It can be subbed with traditional wheat flour at a 1:1 ratio. This makes it a great choice for all your Christmas baking!
This is great news! How often have you wished you could feel a little less guilty about indulging in Christmas goodies? It just so happens that Kamut flour is an excellent source of protein, fibre, vitamins, and minerals. Your Christmas cake will practically qualify as a health food!
Here’s a great recipe to get you started on your new wellness path:
Sugar Cookie Recipe
2 3/4 cups Anita’s Organic Mill Khorasan Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup L’ancêtre unsalted organic butter, softened
1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
1 tsp Simply Organic vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375℉ and sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl until smooth.
- Gradually, stir in dry ingredients until evenly blended.
- Place rounded spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack, decorate if desired, and enjoy your Christmas health food!
How do you use Kamut flour? Leave us a comment and let us know!